• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Attain reboot on its on?? anyone else??

I have this same exact problem, its so frustrating because i feel like i have a screwed up phone, but its my second brand new attain and it has the same problem as the other one. any body figure it out yet? nobody has said anything about it for a month now and i'm wondering, has the problem been fixed for you guys? when was your last random partial reboot? please help me out.

Upvote 0
I never had this happen, not on the one I just replaced (unrelated) , nor on the new one yet, though its only 4 hours old lol.

I also haven't had mine get hot like some others have. Maybe I'm lucky.

Wait, getting hot and hot rebooting?

I fear an Oc kernal may only be for the lucky ones... those are signs that the CPU is already running on its absolute Max... or Samsung can't make a Rom right....

Reactions: sooze
Upvote 0
it happened to you? Sorry toke... That happens to me all day long lol. Funny thing is that my phone never over heats / gets hot. I think it's the 4g antenna. Not that it over heats or anything like that , which some people are reporting. I noticed it happens when I am in the car moving. Or when I leave the data center I work at and go outside, Its like it Drops the 4g signal and restarts it again causing that reboot. I don't know. But when it happens after the first time it keeps doing it for a while randomly, even if I am outside just standing still. Who knows what it is. How was your reboot though? Did you see the Samsung logo? Or was it just black for 2 to 3 seconds? turn back on and say media scanner running? Let us know toke!

Upvote 0
The screen stuck on a video frame, and it did a hot reboot meaning no logo just a blank screen straight to Lockscreen with media scanning and voicemail refreshing... all apps closed.

yup its the same thing with me. this happens to me all the time though. if it was once in a while i wouldn't care at all but damn its like 5 times a day. I have a feeling its the sim card inside. loses its connection for a second. so all in all my phone does not over heat. mine stays cool even when i am multitasking and keeping apps open. but maybe sim card might get hot and expand with heat? thermal creep? i dont know. i need to go to metroPCS and try and keep calm while i listen to the stupid things they say to me. made 200 bucks last night replacing 2 laptop LCDs. lets see what they can do for me.

Upvote 0
The problem is the 4G attenae. The easiest way to fix this problem is to turn off 4G. Download AnyCut from the Play Store and create a new shortcut. The Shortcut is LTE Connectivity Test. Once the shortcut is on the desktop, click and select Turn Off. This will disable 4G and stop the rebooting problem.

Of course, if you are in an area that gets 4G, you should toggle between 4G and 3G.

Upvote 0
So my phone USED to do the whole reboot thing a few times a day. Now, it just shuts down completely without warning, doesn't matter how full my battery life is. I did a system restore, an update, a new battery, everything... and nothing works. I sent it in to Samsung, they told me they "replaced the component" and the very next day AFTER I got it back, it did the exact same thing. I'm stuck with this phone and I don't know what to do anymore, it dies on my randomly. I'm still under warranty but they don't even fix it when I send it in. Does anyone else have the same issue? Solutions anyone? Anything would help. Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones