1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Attempted 2.2 to 2.1 downgrade

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hada79, Aug 31, 2010.

1. hada79

hada79 New Member

Aug 31, 2010
    So i got to the step on XDAweb's guide to root 2.2 where:

cd /data/local
    ./flash_image misc /sdcard/mtd-eng.img then reboot the phone. it went through flawlessly and it rebooted. now, i have no video on the screen, its all black. i pulled the battery, i tried to abd to it, but it said device not found. i can hear the startup chime, feel the hauptic force feedback, so i know the phone itself is working, but for some reason the screen crapped out! I use this phone for work as an IT professional and im kinda up a creek. any one have any advice?

ps i tried to boot using the vol down button and it didnt even turn on.

Advertisement

2. laredo7mm

laredo7mm Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Did you reboot manually or did you

Code (Text):
    2. reboot bootloader
    in the adb shell?

It sounds like you are not booting into the bootloader. When I boot to the bootloader I don't get any chime or haptic.

3. hada79

hada79 New Member

Aug 31, 2010
    I totally ran that reboot bootloader command. Actually about 1 out of every 10 reboots ive tried on the phone since ive lost video, ive heard the chime. the rest it is silent, but i still get teh haptic.

I went to the sprint store and told them i had a bad screen, i just got the phone 2 weeks ago. they said they would replace the phone, do you think it will come back and bite me that i tried to root it?

I also tried hooking up the hdmi cable to a tv to see if i got video that way, but alas, i didnt :(

4. KewlKat007

KewlKat007 Member

Jul 4, 2010
    IT
    Boston, MA
    That's strange...my backlight to my first phone crapped out because some water fell into it...but strange issue you got there.

Goodluck

5. hada79

hada79 New Member

Aug 31, 2010
    I fixed it! i ran the RUU at Index of /shipped/Supersonic and it was able to restore my phone to factory settings, which made the screen start working again... PHEW!

6. phillyprx09

phillyprx09 Active Member

Jan 29, 2011
    I have the same issue downgrading an Optimus M from metropcs from 2.2 to 2.1 did you ever find out why your device did that ?

Tags: