1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Attempting to root problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Vanteal, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Vanteal

Vanteal Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 16, 2009
    So, I'm trying to root, And I'm following the video for the revolutionary method. And I get to the part where my phone is on the white screen and the program on my computer asks me if I want to download the recovery, I said yes, And it appeared to have started, Then the program just disappeared from my computer screen..It didn't give me any indication of "success" for downloading the recovery, And so I restart the revolution program on my pc and it just says "waiting for device" and nothing else..I've waited for like 10 minutes, And still nothing..I even turned off my firewall....

So how to I get to the screen to download the recovery once again to try to dl it again!?...

Ok, Nevermind...I thought my phone was wiped and couldn't reboot..So I just rebooted, And had success....Sorry guys..I'm such a newb!...

Advertisement

2. jivens716

jivens716 Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    College Student
    Asheville, NC
    Its no problem!..There is a first for everything and all of us were just like you at some point..

Congrats on wanting to root though! The possibilities are endless for you now with picking a rom, radio, or kernel. Be sure to check back here at all the latest roms and information on how to flash correctly. Anyone here will be more than happy to answer any of your questions! Happy rooting! :)

Vanteal likes this.
  3. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic
    None

Jul 29, 2010
    FG
    Glad to see you are back up and running :D

I must echo Jivens76 in if you have any questions feel free to ask, welcome to the real world of Android