• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Attempting to root with SuperOneClick

meganmyers

Lurker
Oct 21, 2012
So, similarly to every other iPhone-lusting person out there, I've decided to try to root my phone and mess with Superuser to get emoji on my phone. I've been following a guide (because I can't post a link, it's the guide on 'makeuseof.com', titled "How To Root Your Android Phone With SuperOneClick by Ryan Dube) and trying to get everything done. I expected to have more problems once the phone was rooted and I was trying to install the emojis on it, but of course, I ran into problems early.

Phone is obviously plugged in, downloaded SuperOneClick, but to follow the above guide, you had to download the Droid Driver for Windows PC, the Java SE Developer's kit, and the Android SDK developers kit. I thought I went about doing these the right way but I guess not, because when I went to root it using SuperOneClick, it froze up on 'Waiting for Device' every time. And I tried doing this multiple times.

I tend to be very tech savvy and learn my way around codes very well, but this is a new concept to me. Sorry if it's silly, but I'd love some help getting this done!

Thanks,
Megan

Follow the instructions exactly and you will be rooted, I promise. Read it all carefully first or you'll eff it all up. The only thing you need is Odin3-v1.85 and the rom and kernel which are provided on the page. There is one that the link to get it doesn't work but you can type it in on 4shared.com - free file sharing and storage and find it. The page will say you need odin megauploader but do NOT get that, otherwise, good luck!

Odin ----> Download Odin3 v1.85

Link to Root ----> http://androidforums.com/continuum-all-things-root/457622-guide-rooting-your-phone-via-rom.html

Also, be sure to do a nand (or nandroid) backup in case something goes wrong or you dont want to be rooted anymore and you can go back to stock.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones