• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ATTENTION! Exhibit Users!

okay, delete the boot.img .. it's not needed just take the /system/app and framework folders out of your rom zip ... I will post a link to an update script
hey Swisaiahag im new to messing with androids but i have learned more about them in a week then most people will learn in there lives. last cell phone i had there was no andriod os yet.LoL very instreated in this thread not so muching root but roms and helping with a rom before i go out on my own thanks

Upvote 0
woo sorry for my dissapearance lol since i dont have a device its gonna be hard to get things going right away.. my build env got all screwed up so for now maybe i'll start on creating a #2 rom.. (stock deodex, debloated, add a few mods and tweaks etc..) but when my girl lets me take her exhibit it'll be easier to get another form of cm if i can build it.. luckily you guys already have some good devs taking care of the device over on xda, but i think we should try and spread some love over here on af :)

Upvote 0
woo sorry for my dissapearance lol since i dont have a device its gonna be hard to get things going right away.. my build env got all screwed up so for now maybe i'll start on creating a #2 rom.. (stock deodex, debloated, add a few mods and tweaks etc..) but when my girl lets me take her exhibit it'll be easier to get another form of cm if i can build it.. luckily you guys already have some good devs taking care of the device over on xda, but i think we should try and spread some love over here on af :)

Already started one. Looks like you've got some competition in town. :cool:

Upvote 0
I just bought a Samsung Galaxy Exhibit SGH-T599n yesterday at MetroPCS. To replace my old Epic 4G Touch (Virgin Mobile). I dropped it a few too many times!!
I need to get the T599 rooted before doing anything else! I am very much interested in anything I can learn about this phone. So after rooting & installing my favorite apps I will want to know as much as I possibly can about this specific device.
Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks guys.
Now to rooting...

Upvote 0
I just bought a Samsung Galaxy Exhibit SGH-T599n yesterday at MetroPCS. To replace my old Epic 4G Touch (Virgin Mobile). I dropped it a few too many times!!
I need to get the T599 rooted before doing anything else! I am very much interested in anything I can learn about this phone. So after rooting & installing my favorite apps I will want to know as much as I possibly can about this specific device.
Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks guys.
Now to rooting...

There's also a thread in this forum on how to root it if you don't want to install a custom rom.

Upvote 0
Can everyone who own this phone and has rooted it and interested in rooting... post "here"!
i need to know if many people are interested in this phone before i waste my time sharing and building stuff. I have had this phone since September . and broke it and got a new one. So I know almost every thing about it. So before I go posting threads on how to mod this phone (xposed modules, bootanimations, themes, deodexed zips, and recoveries) i want to be sure that people care. So again if interested in information post "here" or something acknowledging that you care.
You can share your info and people will find it on google search.
I tried to root galaxy exhibit SGH-T599N downloaded Master Root and found a virus in it.
Is there a SAFE way to root it?
thank you.

Upvote 0
You can share your info and people will find it on google search.
I tried to root galaxy exhibit SGH-T599N downloaded Master Root and found a virus in it.
Is there a SAFE way to root it?
thank you.

Words of advice. Try not to post the same thing in multiple. Threads. If you have a question post it once and wait for someone to respond. I answered your root question in the other thread you posted in. Also this thread is old lol no point in bumping it up.

Upvote 0
Can everyone who own this phone and has rooted it and interested in rooting... post "here"!
i need to know if many people are interested in this phone before i waste my time sharing and building stuff. I have had this phone since September . and broke it and got a new one. So I know almost every thing about it. So before I go posting threads on how to mod this phone (xposed modules, bootanimations, themes, deodexed zips, and recoveries) i want to be sure that people care. So again if interested in information post "here" or something acknowledging that you care.

Definitely interested, I had to root my phone because of the lack of move app 2 sd card
and phone kept getting low disk space, poor performance, etc... Thinking about cyanogen mod, trying to find out the benefits of installing a custom rom over the stock. I successfully rooted using impactor, created second partition using A-Parted and busybox. Titanium backup to remove stock apps (Google Play, Newsstand, Magazines, TV etc...) Link2SD freed up 400 MB now system runs smoothly (Leave install apps location on Automatic) Very happy so far. Trying to find a Backlight Notification app that does not kill my battery. Alot of problems with this phone but for 30 bucks I cant complain too much. Just don't think I should suffer (Samsung Galaxy Exhibit T599N) oh yeah also want to install Ad Blicker Plus :D forgot about that one!!

Upvote 0
Definitely interested, I had to root my phone because of the lack of move app 2 sd card
and phone kept getting low disk space, poor performance, etc... Thinking about cyanogen mod, trying to find out the benefits of installing a custom rom over the stock. I successfully rooted using impactor, created second partition using A-Parted and busybox. Titanium backup to remove stock apps (Google Play, Newsstand, Magazines, TV etc...) Link2SD freed up 400 MB now system runs smoothly (Leave install apps location on Automatic) Very happy so far. Trying to find a Backlight Notification app that does not kill my battery. Alot of problems with this phone but for 30 bucks I cant complain too much. Just don't think I should suffer (Samsung Galaxy Exhibit T599N) oh yeah also want to install Ad Blicker Plus :D forgot about that one!!

If you want move apps to SD then I would recommend the carbon ROM for this phone, its very well put together and it has apps2sd pre baked into the ROM.

Reactions: Meticulus
Upvote 0

I wouldn't say there are problems with this phone. It's pretty speedy, has a decent camera and average space. I don't know how you were getting poor performance. I've never had that problem. Well anyways you've never specified if you want to install a custom rom or not but some of the basic benefits are a better looking ui, the ability to use themes, backlight notification, and it's just all in all customizable, but they all have real problems as well. Random reboots, wifi and data sometimes doesn't work, in call sound issues and so on. I'd say just try one and see if you like it.

Upvote 0
I installed Ad Blocker Plus and found it disconnecting YouTube from the network so uninstalled and things are fab (just wait 5 sec then skip ad) Having trouble unmounting and re-sizing my created partitions in Aparted. Put a post up about it, hopefully hear something soon. I am staying with the stock rom because of the troubles I hear with things not working properly in cyanogen, though it looks very appealing and just all around fun.

Upvote 0
I installed Ad Blocker Plus and found it disconnecting YouTube from the network so uninstalled and things are fab (just wait 5 sec then skip ad) Having trouble unmounting and re-sizing my created partitions in Aparted. Put a post up about it, hopefully hear something soon. I am staying with the stock rom because of the troubles I hear with things not working properly in cyanogen, though it looks very appealing and just all around fun.

Ok figured out how to unmount and reformat/resize sd card partitions. All I had to do was turn phone off, take the micro sd card out of phone, turn phone back on, open Aparted, insert micro sd card, when it read the card i was able to delete both partitions and re created them with preferred sizes (2400/Ext4 1351/fat32) now I am once again, happy. What will be next?

Upvote 0
Ok figured out how to unmount and reformat/resize sd card partitions. All I had to do was turn phone off, take the micro sd card out of phone, turn phone back on, open Aparted, insert micro sd card, when it read the card i was able to delete both partitions and re created them with preferred sizes (2400/Ext4 1351/fat32) now I am once again, happy. What will be next?

Try not to double post if you can. You can just edit a previous post. Also what are you trying to do lol.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones