1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Attention: Know glitch with Google affecting Epic

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gme109, Sep 19, 2010.

1. gme109

gme109 Android Enthusiast

Aug 17, 2010
    Male
    I spent the whole day trying to resolve an issue with my phone not downloading from the Android Market. After hours on the phone with tech support, I was told I had a defective phone, and that I should exchange it. I did, twice. It would download apps for a while, then stop. The Sprint store employee then called tech support and asked about known issues. Apparently in the last two days, some existing Google accounts started having issues with downloading from the Android market. The only fix now, is to open a new Google account. This will allow you to resume downloads from the Market, but as soon as you add your old existing Google account, the problem will start again. Not only does this mean you can't receive email from your previous gmail account, without loosing the ability to download from the Android Market, but you can not sync your old Google calender to your new account.

This is a total cluster F*^k!

Advertisement

2. infamousjax

infamousjax Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    it will get fixed sooner or later. if the market won't work after you hit download, then try hitting the menu button and going to 'my downloads', that will usually force it to start downloading

3. Adrift

Adrift Android Enthusiast

Nov 1, 2009
    College...
    Corpus Christi, TX
    I know Android can be frustrating at times especially when problems like these pop up and affect you directly. All I can say is hang in there, man, and try to keep your sanity.

-Adrift

4. gme109

gme109 Android Enthusiast

Aug 17, 2010
    Male
    Have some respect. I'm trying to help others that maybe having the same issue, and save them the hassle of trying to figure it out.