• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Attention MS Exchange Users

GDroid

Android Enthusiast
Nov 15, 2009
So, I got my Droid MAXX, and I love the phone. However, there is a bug in that "push" will not stay on for Exchange e-mail delivery. The e-mail delivery for Exchange automatically reverts to a 15 minute fetch schedule no matter what e-mail delivery setting I choose. This is quite annoying. I'm the IT person at work and I know it's not something to do with our Exchange server. I tried this on 2 RAZR MAXX phones and both had the same issue. I brought this to Verizon's attention who gave me some generic BS about checking my Exchange server. I then contacted Motorola who said they would notate this for future updates. I know others are having this problem as well. It comes up when you do a GOOGLE search.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I know I can download a 3rd party app (touchdown, etc.) but Motorola should have gotten this right. I had no problems with the original Droid, which I upgraded from.

Thanks.

So, I got my Droid MAXX, and I love the phone. However, there is a bug in that "push" will not stay on for Exchange e-mail delivery. The e-mail delivery for Exchange automatically reverts to a 15 minute fetch schedule no matter what e-mail delivery setting I choose. This is quite annoying. I'm the IT person at work and I know it's not something to do with our Exchange server. I tried this on 2 RAZR MAXX phones and both had the same issue. I brought this to Verizon's attention who gave me some generic BS about checking my Exchange server. I then contacted Motorola who said they would notate this for future updates. I know others are having this problem as well. It comes up when you do a GOOGLE search.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I know I can download a 3rd party app (touchdown, etc.) but Motorola should have gotten this right. I had no problems with the original Droid, which I upgraded from.

Thanks.

Nope, it's staying on "Push" for my Exchange server. And I'm using the stock Moto software. Not sure what I can tell you. My server is Exchange 2010, SP1.

Upvote 0
I "upgraded" from a Droid X to a Razr Maxx yesterday. On the Droid X I had Exchanges set up and working nicely. When I tried to set up Exchange on the Razr I couldn't get to a screen that allowed me to manually enter server information. I eventually called Verizon and they told me I need an additional Corporate plan on my phone that will run another $15/month. I never had that plan before and they said they didn't understand how Exchange could have worked on my Droid X without it, but if I want Exchange now I have to pay the additional fee.

Do you folks pay that extra charge or were you able to get Exchange to work on your standard plan? Thanks much.

Allan

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones