• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Attn: motoblur owners, NO 2.1 for Canada! No new apps like angrybirds!

chardock

Lurker
Oct 23, 2010
Motorola has announced that we will not be getting the Android 2.1 software upgrade that was promised. What does this mean? Once the US motoblur owners are all on 2.1 you will see very little new apps come out for 1.5. Already there are many apps we cann't get. As well there will be no upgrades for the browser so you will see an increasing number of websites you won't be able to load(like anything using flash).

Call your carrier and ask for the 2.1 upgrade or to take your phone back and give you a phone that does have 2.1. "Escalate" it to the highest dept you can.

I bought my phone 2 months ago and was assured that the Backflip would get 2.1 get like in the US. Now I've found out its not true. Already I can't get apps like Kobo and Angrybirds. Can you imagine how obsolete these phones will be in a year? And I JUST started a 3year contract!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones