1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

General Attn: Rogers Clients

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Merolas, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Merolas

Merolas Android Enthusiast

The Pinch zoom update is here! :D

Official from SE... just did the update through SEUS

Advertisement

2. Superbrowndude

Superbrowndude Well-Known Member

Will I have to Re-root if I do the Rogers pinch zoom,The xda zoom has been working great on all apps.

3. clockwork58

clockwork58 Android Enthusiast

Sweet!!! Just have to charge up the phone a bit first.

Does this update just do an update or is it like installing a new rom?

4. haxor5354

haxor5354 Newbie

is this any better than the XDA pinch zoom?

5. clockwork58

clockwork58 Android Enthusiast

Downloaded and updated. no need to back up data.
    works great. tried google maps, skyfire and angry birds.

Have not tried XDA's so I can't make a comparison.

6. Merolas

Well yes it works better than the xda's version. I had it and it worked fine but this one is better. It works flawless on every apps including my dolphin hd browser (wich didn't handle xda's DR)

It also update mediascape with new modules, the single touch zoom on pictures and refreshed looks. It also add a library cleanup tool to get album arts and infos .

Downside it also added the nasty postcard app...

7. seattlepete

seattlepete Newbie

Does anyone know how to reroot? Z4root isnt working for me anymore

8. Wisenos

Wisenos Android Enthusiast

z4root been trying for about an hour but overall nice update still minus the postcard app lol

9. Superbrowndude

10. Superbrowndude

Does this update effect ROOT ?

11. omerta1169

omerta1169 Newbie

WTF updated now can't reroot. tried z4root and super one click root nothing works. says its rooted but can't use any rooted apps like adfree or titanium or busybox. anyone have luck rooting after update if so what did you use.

12. Superbrowndude

Checkout XDA,in the x10 section.I think theres a write up for this....ummmm thanks for answering my question to.

13. JDwan

JDwan Well-Known Member

I just tried using SuperOneClick 1.6.5 and it says it worked. Busybox also acknowledges that I have root but there seems to be a problem with the install of Busybox as it will install but then Titanium won't work.

Update: just tried reinstalling busybox and it said that it failed. :(

14. JDwan

JDwan Well-Known Member

Just as another update, I rerooted with SuperOneClick 1.6.5 and then rebooted my phone and now everything is working again! So if you want to root use that and then reboot.

15. micman

micman Lurker

16. JDwan

JDwan Well-Known Member

Just a note, that the Busybox version this installs is newer than the one in the Market. I didn't think this was a problem until I tried to install xRecovery again. xRecovery requires the version of Busybox available on the Market. Obviously this is easily fixed because you can just install the version from the Market over the version SuperOneClick installs. Hope this helps if anyone is experiencing the same trouble I was earlier.

17. Merolas

TO be back a little on topic:
    I just realised that they updated the TrackID software also, so maybe Timescape but i never used this one.

Also i see that we didn't received a whole firmware update so i wonder why rooting is so hard to enable back....

Model: X10a
    Firmware version: 2.1 update1
    Baseband: 2.1.55
    Built#: 2.1.1.A.0.6

i though we would get .435 but no..

18. tdiddy1987

tdiddy1987 Newbie

why doest the ota update check work
    they said this was one of the features of 2.1 but it hasnt said anything but 'your phone has the latest software'

19. JDwan

JDwan Well-Known Member

Both Timescape and Mediascape were getting performance tweaks with this update and I've noticed quite a difference with Mediascape performance-wise and funtion-wise too. For instance, Mediascape now has the single-touch zoom implemented into it for photos (long press-then slide up to zoom in and down to soom out). I think it is a full firmware update as we are now on a more recent baseband than the .435 firmware (2.1.55 vs 2.1.54) and it seems like it is a more recent firmware than .435 but I'm just grasping at straws with that last bit.

With their newer updates, SE tried to make rooting more difficult for us again so they fixed up whatever exploit Z4Root was using but apparently the guy developing SuperOneClick is still one step ahead of them. In any event, that would be my guess as to why rooting is a bit harder to re-enable.

20. JDwan

JDwan Well-Known Member

The only time the OTA update check told me an update was available was for that first update to 2.1 after that, it's either been SEUS or PC Companion that told me updates were available.

It probably has something to do with Rogers not bothering to release the notification/update OTA. You would think they would be promoting that since you would be using their data to download it......oh well.

21. tdiddy1987

tdiddy1987 Newbie

for real
    for those having trouble rooting just uuse the most recent flashtool 0.2.6 on XDA
    make sure usb dedugging and unknown sources is on and the root is quick easy and effective.
    i have now updated and redone everything i did before (root JIT xrec and a slew of app removals) other then mediascape functioning way better (and in landscape mode :D), the dual touch working just as well as the XDA version, i have noticed one thing..
    my neocore benchmark dropped from 27 frames per second to now a max of 21! wtf ? lol
    iv also noticed im not getting as many failed txt message attempts and my reception seems more stable in my house (which it has always been garbage)

22. Merolas

+1
    I never had a OTA notification, when 2.1 was about to land i received a txt message.

Yeah... i realised that MediaScape works now on Landscape :D

23. spikeithard

spikeithard Android Expert

so hook up my phone to seus, then download update?? whats the update officially called so I can find it.

do I need to re-root? sorry scanned through this thread but couldnt see the answer.
    thanks

24. spikeithard

how do i find SEUS again??

25. spikeithard

is it the file thats like 8.64 mbs??