1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

AUBB update for Global S21 series, March security patch

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ironass, Mar 4, 2021.

1. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

This latest update is the 7th for the Global, Exynos, S21 series and is currently being rolled out by Samsung.

It would appear that this is a bugfix and March security patch.

Initially, as always, this is rolling out to the non-carrier branded, stock Samsung CSC codes first.

The Galaxy S21 Global, Exynos, devices that will receive this update are...
    • S21 5G model SM-G991B
    • S21+ 5G model SM-G996B
    • S21 Ultra 5G model SM-G998B
    This latest release replaces the G99*BXXU1AUB8/9 February builds.

It is a FOTA, (Firmware Over The Air), update and you can check... Settings > Software update... to see if it is available for you.

[​IMG]

The update = G99*BXXS2AUBB

Download = 238.95 MB

Build date = 24 February 2021

Release date = 04 March 2021

Camera version = 11.0.02.58

One UI version = 3.1

Android Security patch = March 2021

This is the 7th stable update in 36 days

#1 ironass, Mar 4, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2021

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ironass

Samsung update AUBB

[​IMG]

#2 ironass, Mar 4, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
  3. My model number is SM-G991U1 Any idea when I will get the update?

4. ironass

Unfortunately, no, as you have the Snapdragon country minority variant for the U.S.A. and even though it is unlocked, the firmware for your carrier has to still be approved by them before release.

5. Thanks, I don't quite understand that. I bought an unlocked phone and chose my carrier from a variety of carriers. I chose mint mobile. They have no software on my phone whatsoever. Here's the complete list of packages on my phone: https://virtualcoinclub.com/android/pkgs.txt

6. ironass

What is your devices CSC, (“Consumer Software Customization” or “Country Specific Code“), code.

To locate this, go to...

Settings > About phone > Software information > Service provider software version.. there is a 3 letter CSC code as shown in the following screenshot...

[​IMG]

7. ironass

#7 ironass, Mar 4, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  8. ironass

The latest firmware showing from Samsung for your Galaxy S21 5G country minority variant on CSC code XAA, (XAA – USA unbranded/unlocked/default), is still the January build, ending in AUAG which has the Android Security patch for February.

Now that locked Verizon, (VZW), has started to roll-out the February, AUB5, build with the March Android Security patch it should only be a matter of days before you see an update.

9. Thanks for the info. I am hoping for a little more consistent batttery performance. Sometimes it uses a lot while I am doing nothng and have most apps set to "deep sleep". Phone works fine otherwise.

Samsung Galaxy S21 5G Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S21 5G release date was 29 January. Features and Specs include a 6.2" inch screen, 64MP camera, 8GB RAM, Snapdragon 888 or Exynos 2100 processor, and 4000mAh battery.

29 January
Release Date
Reviews