1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Auctioneer with a question.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by gumbyElvis, Jun 1, 2011.

1. gumbyElvis

gumbyElvis Lurker
    None

Jun 1, 2011
    Hi I'm Rob and I am an Auctioneer. I spend a lot of time taking pictures and renaming them. It works like this. I put a lot tag on an item take a picture of the tag, then take a picutre or two or six of the item. Then I spend a great deal of time re-naming the pictures 1, 1_1, 1_2, 1_3. It is very boring work, and prone to errors, double lotting, (using the same number twice), putting the wrong number on a picture etc.

I would love to slap a barcode with a unique number (we print them out now and then re-name the pictures like above to match the number), snap a picture with my phone which would then use a program to name the picture whatever it read in the barcode (say x), then name the next picture x_1 and so on until it saw another barcode then it would be y, y_1 etc. Ricoh has a camera that does something like this but I'd love to see it work with my Android phone.
    In any case that is why I'm posting here. If you want to reach me my contact info. is on my website.
    Rob

Advertisement

2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH
    None

Feb 19, 2010
    Male
    Welcome to Android Forums!

3. gumbyElvis

gumbyElvis Lurker
    None

Jun 1, 2011
    I've been doing a little checking and it looks like there may be an open source fist step available at google. zxing - Multi-format 1D/2D barcode image processing library with clients for Android, Java - Google Project Hosting
    I'm going to start fiddling there. If any of you smart guys or gals figure anything out first let me know. Meanwhile I'll be busy applying the brute fource and ignorance method. Rob

4. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    Welcome to Android Forums gumbyElvis. Your best chance for help here would be to follow this link.. choose your device and ask your question. http://androidforums.com I hope you can find what you are looking for and thanks for joining AF