1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Audible alerts not working for notifications

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Alex Ethridge, May 20, 2020.

1. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge Android Enthusiast

For several months now, I have not gotten audible alerts for e-mail or Ring Doorbell or any other application. The only audible alert I get is that my phone rings when I get a call but it also does not give an audible alert when a call is missed.

I get only vibrations.

I'm sure I have turned off this somehow and don't know how or when. I've been through the settings as best I can with no luck.

EDIT: I just now noticed that when I am selecting my default notification sound in settings, it does not play the sounds as I select them. None of them play. They are totally silent.

When I select the phone ring tone in settings it does play.

#1 Alex Ethridge, May 20, 2020
    Last edited: May 20, 2020

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

put the phone in safe mode and see if the issue is stil there. safe mode prevent any 3rd party app from running. if it still happens in safe mode then i would do a factory reset. it could also mean that the ring door bell might not work well on a very old device. you might have to think about upgrading, if a factory reset does not work.

3. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge Android Enthusiast

I found the problem and fixed it easily.

I discovered quite by accident that the volume for notifications was turned all the way down and had been that way for months.

I have no idea how that happened and didn't know that volume for notifications was a separate volume control.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S6 release date was April 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Exynos 7420 Octa processor, and 2550mAh battery.

April 2015
Release Date
Reviews