1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Audio applications: Earphones connected to the device... anoying

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Lock-N-Load, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    won the lottery
    WestSiiiide
    So, when you plug in earphones, you get this shitty and annoying notification in the pull down slider "Audio applications: Earphones connected to the device" and it lists like the same 5 apps... but does NOT list Google Play Music??

Is there a way to kill this whole function off? Is there a way to add to that selection list? For example, the never used Voice Recorder is always 1 of the 5 listed. But again, something 10x more valuable - Play Music - is not listed.

Advertisement

2. scrabbley

scrabbley Active Member

Jul 2, 2012
    You can turn it off in Settings/Accessory under the headphone section. I made my own menu using Tasker so when I plug earphones in I get a pop up menu of apps I actually use.

3. Yaksman

Yaksman New Member

Jun 29, 2012
    You appear to have a different Settings Menu from mine. I don't have an Accessory sub-menu, and haven't been able to find a headphones section in any of the sub-menus. I'm on Bell Mobility, might the provider have fiddled with the available menus?

The Tasker idea, however, sounds great. I found Launch Menu of Music Apps When Headset Inserted - Tasker Wiki with a quick google, if anyone is interested.