• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Audio console, virtual mixer with reverb for live stream

Yoha Glez

Lurker
Jun 12, 2021
Hi guys! I am looking for a way to use an audio console, or a sound mixer app, either, with reverb effect, to be able to do some live stream performances, I mean, online. I am a musician, but of the no resources one. I have invented a way to use headset mics for my voice and another instrument, but it hears dry, very dry. Please, some one there can help me? I have just just my phone.

So you have a way to use headphone mics for your inputs, right?

So instead of plugging them into the phone, plug them into the console first, and then plug the console into the phone.

The deal with this is that the console will have a line out level, which is much more powerful than a mic level- so you need to reduce this power.

A headphone volume control is excellent for this purpose.

Now, in all reality, it will not match the impedences properly, but as long as you do not overload the input of the phone you will not get distortion and it should sound pretty good considering how you are doing it.

A volume control that has a knob or knobs should be set at about 66%, or at 7 on a scale of 1 - 10.

A volume control that is a partially visible wheel on the side usually will go from minimum to maximum in ~3 increments of full available movements, so two full movements up from zero, or one full movement down from full volume.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Thanks a lot! But what I really need is some app to do all through the phone. I know the way to control the volume, it is not the problem. If I find the way to use some console or mixer app with reverb to use it in Facebook live, for example, it be the best for me. Besides... No way. Thanks again.

Upvote 0
Thanks a lot! But what I really need is some app to do all through the phone. I know the way to control the volume, it is not the problem. If I find the way to use some console or mixer app with reverb to use it in Facebook live, for example, it be the best for me. Besides... No way. Thanks again.

If you were using a Mac, it could tell you how to do it, and you could probably do it on Windows or Linux as well with a PC. But a phone only, I'm thinking there's no way to do what you require.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones