• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Audio cutting in and out when headphone jack plugged in

Hey guys im not sure if this has to do with the fact ths I'm rooted because I never tried using headphons or AUX cable before i did so....but now when i plug my phone up to my aux cord hooked to my fm transmitter in my car and turn my music on it starts playing thru my car then cuts off and plays thru the phone, or pauses depends on the player app, but i don't believe it's a cable issue because i held it still and still cut in and out like it wont stay connected and it is highly aggrivating as i like to listen to my music.... Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Cody :thinking::thinking::thinking:

Mine does that too, but only because I installed DSP Manager from a CM10.1 ROM (never expected it to work much less install). If it wasn't for the great quality I get now, I wouldn't put up with the random pauses and cut outs. I did notice my audio port jiggles as if its loose (even from the first day having the phone) so this leads me to believe Kyocera had a bad design. Maybe that has something to do with it too?

Upvote 0
Mine does that too, but only because I installed DSP Manager from a CM10.1 ROM (never expected it to work much less install). If it wasn't for the great quality I get now, I wouldn't put up with the random pauses and cut outs. I did notice my audio port jiggles as if its loose (even from the first day having the phone) so this leads me to believe Kyocera had a bad design. Maybe that has something to do with it too?

Hmm mine doesnt jiggle around and the only thing ive done is root with poot and get fonts and boot animations from RTBP I cleaned it out earlier so ill test it out...on anotherr not are there ROM s to get out there for us?

Upvote 0
No not yet, but very soon there will be :D trust me....

Nice..well back to the issue at hand.... I just plugged it back in and listened to a song or to... I guess it was dirty inside... It works fine now all i did was take a qtip to it and swirl it around ...works great....so u have any luck with custom icons or notification bars? ?

Upvote 0
The only way i did that in the past was messing with the frameworks and I'm not messing with any frameworks until we have a recovery and I make a backup

Me neither i tried using RTBP but nothing happened... And im no where,near skilled enough to make themes either so ill just wait it out im happy with custom font and boot anime

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones