• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Audio Downloads

Burori

Lurker
Oct 23, 2012
So I have the HTC One X and I have to say, I am loving the phone.

My only issue with it is I like to listen to Radio Pod Casts and I looked through these forums hoping to find someone mentioning it, which I was unable to spot so here it is.

When I started using my One X I was able to download the podcasts to the internal Memory and listen to it using one of the media players.

Recently when the website updated and the phone software updated all I get now when clicking on their download link is a streaming option and I can not for the best of me figure out how to download the audio files again.

I do not want to stream.

I tried the site with my Xperia Arc and using that phone with the Android OS I am able to still download the audio file. It is because of this I am convinced it isn't the website's problem but something to do with compatibility with the One X.

Any thoughts?

Any who would be interested to know which site I am referring to please feel free on going to Epic Battle Axe and try downloading their podcast using the One X.

I am currently stumped and would greatly appreciate anyone else's thoughts.

I've just given the site a go.

I've got three players installed on my phone - stock (streaming media player), google play and es media player which comes with es file explorer. Tried the site with both the stock browser and dolphin browser.

Browser didn't seem to make a difference - both brought up the 'complete action using' box.

With stock and play, no option to save or download. However, with the es media player, if you press menu (I've got the right hand button as short press menu, long press recent apps), it gives you an option to save it. It was 45mins, so I didn't go through with it - but it looks like it is the player rather than the browser that is the issue. Suggest you try es file explorer - it is a good file explorer as well.

Reactions: Burori
Upvote 0
I've just given the site a go.

I've got three players installed on my phone - stock (streaming media player), google play and es media player which comes with es file explorer. Tried the site with both the stock browser and dolphin browser.

Browser didn't seem to make a difference - both brought up the 'complete action using' box.

With stock and play, no option to save or download. However, with the es media player, if you press menu (I've got the right hand button as short press menu, long press recent apps), it gives you an option to save it. It was 45mins, so I didn't go through with it - but it looks like it is the player rather than the browser that is the issue. Suggest you try es file explorer - it is a good file explorer as well.

I know I am a little late but THANKS! This issue has been bugging me since I got the HTC.

The app you suggested seems to have fixed this problem and now I have no complaints with HTC One X.

Thank you so much for your help.

Upvote 0
On a side note I've been having a similar problem recently with a podcast that i listen to, the streaming app that i was using always lost the podcast if i paused it,

So ive just downloaded an app called Beyond Pod,
If you can find the podcast you listen to on there then it gives you the option to download it to your phones memory,

took abit of working out the User interface but it works a treat for mine now. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones