• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Audio Driver help

pbf98

Android Expert
Oct 16, 2011
MN
Hey guys, I installed what I thought were the latest drivers for my sound card.. but it turns out I think they weren't.. I had the realtek audio manager before and now i have realtek hd audio manager. The difference is that before I had an effects tab, and in that tab was an eq.. now that tab does not exist and I have no eq.

So I tried rolling back the drivers but that went back to far I think because after that I had no audio manager, so I did the automatic search to get back the "latest" drivers

Does anyone know how i can get back so I can have my eq? Or suggest an eq that works easily.

Thanks for the help!

Win amp has an awesome eq(in my opinion) but to get back your driver just Google your sound card
Like sound blaster live drivers(just an example) and you should be able to download them. But what you want is the new drivers without the new audio manager. So if I were you just download the old audio manager with the new drivers. Cause the driver doesn't give you the manager its what's in the folder that comes with the driver that has all the add on stuff if its an all in one .exe file you should have the option to select what you want to install

Upvote 0
Definitely not a driver issue.

There are several sound servers like Jack that support all sorts of plug-ins. That might be overkill or beyond the OP's skill set, but it's mighty handy for those who need it.

VLC is a simple to install application that comes with a dozen or so audio "plug-ins" that can be switched on or off at will. This includes a simple 12-band peaking EQ and a parametric EQ. VLC plays just about every audio and video file (or stream) type around.

Upvote 0
After about 3 weeks of trying different EQs and audio enhancers I landed on DFX. Works like a champ and more importantly works with Media Monkey (what I use for library management and player)

If you try these and need any help let me know, I work in IT for a living so everything I install I comb through for the first couple days to make sure I am getting everything out of them I can :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones