• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Audio Issue While Using EVO In Car

yes to add to dans post,

did you try another cable?

what mp3 player app were you using? did you make sure the players L/R balance controls were set to null (in the middle) for both track to play?
has this happened everything you plugged the handset in?
did you plug in headphones to see if you got the same issue?

I tried iHeartRadio and TuneInRadio and played some music with the player that comes on the EVO. The icon that showed up when I plugged it in was of a headset with microphone instead of the headphones only icon. When I plugged in some headphones, the headphones only icon did show up.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
I tried iHeartRadio and TuneInRadio and played some music with the player that comes on the EVO. The icon that showed up when I plugged it in was of a headset with microphone instead of the headphones only icon. When I plugged in some headphones, the headphones only icon did show up.

Ditto the above replies..make sure the 3.5 jack is firmly in place, try with a set of headphones to see if it acts the same. Are you using an aux. in port or cassette adapter? If it acts the same way with headphones, take it back. There really aren't any audio tweaks for L/R balance on the Evo that I know of.

Upvote 0
true there are not balance controls on the stock player but on some other players there are. i was only covering bases.. ;-)

to the OP, sounds like the patch cord you are using is confusing the handset into thinking its a earphone and mic set. i would try another patch cable.

and when you tried the headphones and the headphones onlly icon showed, did you listen to the phones and see if you hear thru both earcups?

Upvote 0
true there are not balance controls on the stock player but on some other players there are. i was only covering bases.. ;-)

to the OP, sounds like the patch cord you are using is confusing the handset into thinking its a earphone and mic set. i would try another patch cable.

and when you tried the headphones and the headphones onlly icon showed, did you listen to the phones and see if you hear thru both earcups?

I figured that the patch cord was getting confused. When I tried the headphones, I could hear it through both earcups. I'll try another patch cord and see what happens.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones