1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

audio other than calls to bluetooth headset?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by westside, Nov 11, 2009.

1. fratermus

fratermus Well-Known Member
    None

The price of the BT Super Mono variants has dropped to $2.99 because there are competitors now. At some point, it's probably worth the $3 to not have to dork with the dialpad workaround stuff.

No relation to the author, just a user who runs the audio redirect app several hours each day.

Advertisement

2. Chuck1906

Chuck1906 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 20, 2009
    I have the Jawbone Icon and I can get whatever audio the phone is sending to the BT headset with no problem. for example, I have a police scanner app on my droid and I can hear all the police chatter right in my ear same with music too. You can even download apps to the Jawbone headset too which is pretty cool!

3. midi

midi Newbie
    None

Aug 18, 2011
    for the mono bluetooth headsets you can use bluemusic
    to listen to music, you can use this software for the a2dp and carkits also,
    and you can switch between the headset and carkit easily.

4. vey

vey Member
    None

Oct 3, 2011
    Doesn't work for me. A close look at the help section says that without a2dp there will be no music. I have also tried the Super Mono app and some others and none of them will reroute sound from the mono plug to bluetooth.

I really miss that feature since I had it working in Windows Mobile 5. A2DP adds at least $20 to the cost of a regular headset.

5. fratermus

fratermus Well-Known Member
    None

How about BTmono? I'm using it these days. There's a free version but I like it so bought the $1 version to support the XDA-based author.

I am currently using BTmono with three different mono earpieces. The author of BT Super Mono (which I mentioned above) basically broke the interface for lower-res screens.

6. vey

vey Member
    None

Oct 3, 2011
    I have no doubt that BT Super Mono works for many models, but I have a Droid OG.

7. km2002

km2002 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 25, 2010
    I tried out a Jabra Drive with my HTC Droid Inc2 right before Christmas. Got everything going to the BT spkr EXCEPT ringtones, which were still being reproduced by the crappy, little spkr on the phone. Now, this might be acceptable for most; but I'm greedy: I want it all. Does anyone know of a unit that will, right out of the box, snarf everything the phone can possibly sound, without all these messy workarounds that are significant YMMV for various phones? Thanks, all.

8. ahtmly2k

ahtmly2k Lurker
    None

Dec 14, 2013
    PROBLEM
    I have this exact issue.
    My phone can connect to all of my Bluetooth devices, speakers, phones, stereo headphones, speakers, computers, smart band. But WOULD NOT stream MEDIA & SYSTEM audio through it. It streams calls just fine though, but no media of all sorts. It's also able to transfer files.

Please can anyobe help me with this. I really don't want to have to reinstall another rom. I've just got everything set up.

Phone:
    Xiaomi Redmi 3 Pro

ROM:
    Mokee 7.1.2 (Android 7.1.2 Nougat)

9. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Well the original issue on this thread is a mono headset that's doesn't support stereo media audio(the A2DP profile).

I would suggest with yours with speakers and headphones etc. it's a buggy ROM, or it's not fully supporting the Bluetooth in this phone. I presume the Bluetooth works correctly with the original Xiaomi MIUI firmware?

#34 mikedt, Jan 11, 2019 at 11:41 AM
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2019 at 4:39 PM