• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Audio problem in the ZTE K90U

reble

Android Enthusiast
Sep 1, 2012
Kennewick Wa
This is again on the ZTE K90U tablet. On the internal speakers, via the headphone jack or a headphones with boom mic, everything works fine. But if I want to use the audio line in/out I have an adapter that splits out the mic in and the headphones out so I can plug in separate audio lines. If I plug in the line out of the tablet to a external line in of a boombox. The sound still comes out the tablet's internal speakers.
Like I have a prog that I can control and transmit on a remote base SDR (software defined radio) via the internet. I like to rx/tx via digital modes which requires cross wiring the sound cards from the tablet to the laptop (by the way the Dell laptop has the same single audio jack as the ZTE tablet and I have a 2nd audio jack spliter ) so the sound that comes out of the tablet goes to the mic input on the laptop and the output of the laptop goes into the tablets mic input. The tablet will not talk to the laptop or the laptop won't talk to the tablet when the Y adapters and audio cables are in place. I have tested the Y adapters and the stereo cables. The adapters and the cables are aok. What gives?

Steve

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones