• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Audio problems

Music stops after a song or 2 half way into a song. It happens no matter what I play and what I play it from (phones speakers, bluetooth headphones, wired headphones) im rooted and on stock but the problem persists throughout all roms ive tried. My dad also has the same issue on stock not rooted. Is anyone else havi g this? Can it be fixed or do I have a POS phone?

Since it's all music ( streaming and locally stored (ie; mp3 files on a SD card))it's possible that some files got messed up during the root process, thus stopping your music. I'm really not sure though. I've never encountered this problem myself. I would try to return to stock, non-rooted and see if that fixes it. If it does, then you know it likely had something to do with the root process. If it doesn't, then you can look into it being a device defect.

Upvote 0
Since it's all music ( streaming and locally stored (ie; mp3 files on a SD card))it's possible that some files got messed up during the root process, thus stopping your music. I'm really not sure though. I've never encountered this problem myself. I would try to return to stock, non-rooted and see if that fixes it. If it does, then you know it likely had something to do with the root process. If it doesn't, then you can look into it being a device defect.

Went back to stock unrooted and still having problems. I emailed VM about the issue hopefully they replace it or something for me

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones