1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Audio problems

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Fashoboi3, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Fashoboi3

Fashoboi3 Newbie

I keep getting the file type is not supported message when trying to listen to music on my media player. I also am not able to view videos whether streaming or downloaded. What do I do to fix this? I have LG Volt 2 and no PC!!!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

Well this is a different take on your original question. First of all you can not play Apple music files on your Volt 2. Poweramp is one of the music players you can get from the Play store that handles lots of different file formats but Apple's format isn't one of them. A Video Player like MX Player will probably handle those videos you are trying to watch or stream. One thing though, what exactly are the file types you're trying to listen too and watch?

3. Fashoboi3

Fashoboi3 Newbie

I have an LG Volt that I've had already and I downloaded my music in mp3 format. I never said anything about Apple music files. But hard resetting my volt 2 did nothing for me.

4. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

There is probably DRM protection on the mp3 files you downloaded. You'll have to remove that to get them to play. Which service did you download from?

5. Fashoboi3

Fashoboi3 Newbie

The videos are mp4 format

6. Fashoboi3

Fashoboi3 Newbie

But these same mp3 s and mp4s have been on my phone since I was using my volt they worked just fine until I rooted my LG Volt 2