1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Audio quality in videos

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by collad0, Dec 7, 2013.

1. collad0

collad0 Lurker

So I went to a concert last night and the videos i recorded looked great but sounded terrible. I went to see Flosstradamus (EDM music, bass heavy) and one video out of about 10 sounded decent but the rest just sounded like vibrations from the bass. My friend recorded some of the show on her iphone and even though it was still a little bass heavy you could actually hear the song and not just bass. I see other people have the same problem and im guessing its samsungs hardware but are there any recording apps or something that will help get better quality? Btw I havent tested audio quality in that kind of setting on stock samsung os as I am running CM10.2 with pure 4.3 if that changes anything. Thanks in advance!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

The mic just "bottoms out" mate, its not designed for that kind of bass. Theres a couple of vids on my youtube from my local dingey lil underground techno club and the sound is just a mess because of the heavy bass lol. Maybe theres USB microphones available or maybe a root way to turn down the mic sensetivity but i think thats the best we have :):beer:
    Welcome to the community btw fellow raver :beer::beer:
    Ps, get yourself on cm11. Kitkat ftw :D

mikedt likes this.
  3. collad0

collad0 Lurker

Never heard of those but i will definitely look into one! And it just sucks cause a lot of my friends are fellow ravers and there were a lot of new songs played the other night and i cant share any cause you cant hear them lol but thanks! And i am relatively new to CM/Roms so i will give CM11 a look! :D

4. paresh996

paresh996 Lurker

Guys just flash the boeffla kernel and there's a setting for the 'General mic level' in the boeffla config app. I can now record clear sound ! :)

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews