1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Audio quality?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chinchillas, Oct 30, 2020.

1. chinchillas

chinchillas Lurker

I'm dumping my old iPhone for this device. Do you have any opinions on the quality of audio, since I'll be using it mostly for music?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

If it is prerecorded music, (mp3, wav., etc.) you should notice no difference at all.

If you are using the device to record the music, then it will all depend upon the hardware (microphone) in the device.

There are many sound enhancement apps available (equalizers, surround sound, bass booster, etc), and I use a few that you may have use for.

I am a (part time, now) live sound engineer, so sound quality is important to me.

Deleted User and Dannydet like this.
  3. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

I personally use either FLAC or 320 kbps mp3 files for my audio. 192 will suffice also...
    http://mp3ornot.com/

4. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Interesting. I was wondering though if there were any deceased sound engineers still making a living.

Oh is that where the door is? OK I'm going :)

Dannydet likes this.
  5. burbigo

burbigo Lurker

#5 burbigo, Oct 30, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  6. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

Naked iPhones usually sound better than Android phones. When your using an external speaker file format matters.

puppykickr and Dannydet like this.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro Forum

The Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro release date was September 2019. Features and Specs include a 6.53" inch screen, 64MP camera, 6/8GB RAM, Helio G90T processor, and 4500mAh battery.

September 2019
Release Date
Reviews