• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Audio recording with waveforms

Hello AF, was wondering if anyone knows of an audio recording app that shows waveform &/or spectrum analyzer graph, during playback of audio recordings to see spikes from increased activity of sounds. More specifically I'd like to see (after recording has stopped)& be able to start the playback from the spikes that do show increased sound activity. I remember windows 2000 having a music analyzer that I used to mix music, & I found an app like it in the play store, but they wanted $13 for it & the app had many more features that I didn't need. Although I'll not opposed to paying for ANY app, I couldn't see spending 13 for all the bells & whistles.

I'm using for recording my kids while with the sitter. I'd like to view the waveforms as there will be long periods of silence & I'd just like to skip those & listen to the activity.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones