1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Audio stuttering since 5.0 upgrade

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tentimes, Jan 6, 2015.

1. tentimes

tentimes Lurker
    None

Jan 6, 2015
    Male
    Hi,

All my audio players are stuttering (iPlayer, TuneIn, Audible etc) since upgrading to Android 5. It seems to have some audio problems.

I cannot find any reference to this when searching.

Has anyone else had this problem or an opinion on why it may be happening? It is extremely frustrating.

Advertisement

2. tentimes

tentimes Lurker
    None

Jan 6, 2015
    Male
    I should have said, this happens over bluetooth and I have not yet checked if it happens without. Will report back on that.

3. tentimes

tentimes Lurker
    None

Jan 6, 2015
    Male
    To update this, I enabled developer mode (in the menu go to 'about' then software and tap "build no" several times until it allows you to enable a new options menu, "developer" options.

I then unticked "use nuPlayer" so it reverts to Awesomeo (or some such) then rebooted the phone.

There is now much less stuttering, nearly fixed but not quite.

I think there is an issue here but I cannot find a bug for it. It seems to happen mostly on bluetooth.

4. david21pg

david21pg Lurker
    None

Dec 20, 2014
    Male
    I'm getting this as well.

Wondered initially if it might be a case issue, or having another BT phone in the car - but seems not.

After initiating bluetooth play, dOes not seem to stutter while the phone screen remains illuminated. Stuttering for me starts when the screen saver kicks in and the screen goes blank. Don't understand that.

David.

5. varadbisen

varadbisen Lurker
    None

Sep 25, 2014
    Hello,
    i have latest andriod 5.0.1 in my nexus 5 since the update, applications like chrome, whatsapp, y mail etc closes abruptly. i have done factory data reset but in vain, kindly help.

LG G3

The LG G3 was the 2014 flagship device for LG, and was one of the first smartphones on the market with a 5.5-inch 2560 x 1440 display. It featured a Snapdragon 801 processor, 2GB or 3GB of RAM, 16GB or 32GB of internal storage, a microSD card slot, and a 13MP.
Tags: