• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Audio/video out of sync on rooted dinc

MuffinGod

Jan 16, 2011
I have an issue with audio/video playback. The audio seems to play ahead of whatever video im playing. I guess its been this way for a while, just didn't really notice untill I started using my phone to record video. Anywho the issue seems to be across the board from web content to recorded video. I haven't come across a post with a similar issue, let alone a fix. Currently have cm7, but I think the issue started when I started flashing roms. If any one out there has any insight it would be greatly appreciated.

Update: I wanted to try out a new rom, so I downloaded MIUI. While playing around I discovered the audio sync issue is gone. So if I decide to go back to cm7, I'll have to start from scratch to resolve the sync problem? That prospect is not at all appealing.

Ok, so I took the plunge. I did a clean re-install of the latest cm7 and no longer have any issues. I guess my original install was the problem all along. I started having a lot of fc issues recently, and permission fixes didn't help, so it had to be done any way. Hope this helps some one out there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones