1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Audiobook on CD -> Android phone???

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by JohnnyDiesel, Feb 19, 2010.

1. JohnnyDiesel

JohnnyDiesel Newbie

Feb 19, 2010
    Please tell me that someone has made a software that allows me to bung in 19 CD's of audiobooks into my Mac and voila - they show up as one file that I can put on the SD card in my HTC Hero and play as an audiobook with bookmarks enabled!
    I can't bear importing to itunes, merging the files, converting, changing file extensions and tags and so forth. If that's necessary then f*ck it, I'll buy the bloody thing online as one file. I have bought it already on CD, but I value my time more than the lousy 15

Advertisement

2. El Blacksheep

El Blacksheep Android Enthusiast

Nov 8, 2009
    Male

3. JohnnyDiesel

JohnnyDiesel Newbie

Feb 19, 2010
    I have one book that spans over 19 CD's. I want to convert them into 1 file that I can play on my HTC Hero. The only method I have found so far describes how to import to itunes, convert to AAC, merge all 10-15 files per CD into 1 file, merge the resulting 19 files per CD into 1 file for the entire book. This is all too time consuming for me - it will take the whole day! What I am looking for is a nifty little piece of software that will import my CD's one by one and then create one file with the whole book in it. Then I want to put this file on my HTC Hero and play it in a player that supports bookmarks.

Also, I'm on a Mac - hence the iTunes.

4. JohnnyDiesel

JohnnyDiesel Newbie

Feb 19, 2010
    I actually found a nice little piece of software called Audiobook Builder that seems to do exactly what I want.