• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Audiogalaxy alternatives?

vice86

Jan 17, 2011
PA/NJ/NYC
With Audiogalaxy shutting down their service at the end of January and being acquired by DropBox...are there any other alternatives that are just as good??? I love the app and sad to see it go. Trying to find something that I can use on my phone AND desktop like AG let you do.

I've read up and tried Subsonic but never could get it to work right...i guess I could try again.

AudioTap was great for my iPhone but they have no mention of making it for Android.

I'm thinking of biting the bullet and doing the Google Play Music thing. I'd have to upload my itunes collection to the cloud (a good thing, in the long run). But I'll be able to have my music everywhere with a 3g or wifi connection. It can be set up to automatically upload any new items added to your itunes library. And you can download songs to your phone for offline listening.
The one drawback for me is that both me and my girlfriend also have Kindle Fires and we would have to mess around with rooting or some other type of workaround to get Google Play to work on those devices.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones