1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Auggiemon

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by spire8989, Feb 4, 2011.

1. spire8989

spire8989 Newbie

It looks like I'm going to try making an augmented reality game along the lines of Pokemon, reasonably called Auggiemon (Augmented Reality Monsters).

As a huge supporter of the Xoom, it's definitely going to be fully supported thanks to the cameras especially.

Some basics:

• Point at grass to find some auggiemon, fighting ones at gyms, rock/ground when hiking, etc.
    • Point at 7-11, Dairy-Mart, etc for Auggie-Marts (will be a more clever name in the future hopefully)
    • Hospitals for pokecenter type things
    • Point at people to challenge to duels
    • There will be paper versions of most of these things so you don't have to go places on rainy days, when you don't feel well, etc but you won't be able to get the best Auggiemon without going out

Anyway, I'm here to ask for ideas and what-not for what I can do to make this a truly standout game for not only the Xoom but for other tablets/phones as well.

Ideas such as using the barometer to set in-game weather and such are welcome.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Deviatore

Deviatore Newbie

Weird that nobody replied. Spire, I'm looking forward to your plans. Do you have any blog or something where you blog about the development status?