• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Australia Z Flip 4 - VOLTE setting missing

Some devices now may not have or need a specific setting for VoLTE. It's ON and that's it. Especially given that many carriers have now ceased their 2G and 3G networks. If you have 4G/LTE and 5G only service, if you didn't have VoLTE you wouldn't be able to do phone calls.

There's a YouTube channel in Australia called SMOOREZ who regulary reviews cheap phones. And it seems now if a phone doesn't have at least 4G/LTE in Australia it can't receive carrier service. So apparently Aus carriers have ceeased their 2G/GSM and 3G/UMTS networks completely now. So it probably is that newer Aus version phones might not have or need VoLTE options in their Mobile Networks settings.

Last edited:
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
My Galaxy A14 5G only has setting for 'wifi calling'. Nothing for HD Voice or switching from 5G to LTE to older networks. I think it's all automatic now. the last smartphone I know that had the setting was my Galaxy S5, where under settings-->connections-->mobile networks it had a toggle for 'Advanced Calling' which was VoLTE compatibility, but that was 2014.

In the U.S., you can still put an active SIM into something that's at least 4G LTE like a Galaxy SII Skyrocket, LG Lucid 3, or LG G2 and you can still do SMS/MMS, data, email, but phone calls fail (they just sit there 'dialing...' until they give up)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones