1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Authenticating? Not a repeat post. Please read.

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by phowlish, Dec 21, 2012.

1. phowlish

phowlish Lurker

Ok. First of all I checked the forum. I couldnt find anyone with a similar problem. So earlier today I hooked up a wifi extender. It has worked great with one exception. My girlfriend's phone will not connect. It simply says authenticating over and over. Now here's how I know its not a repeat thread. We both have the RAZR M, and my phone has worked great with it. We both have the same wifi settings. Also, I thought maybe I had too many devices connected to this, but I disconnected my phone and still nothing.

Please if you help if you can...Happy Holidays.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member

Firat off welcome to the forum. :hello:

How is the wifi extender set up? Is the SSID the same as the base router? try rebooting the extender an the router. good luck.

3. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Extreme Android User

'authenticating' is usually followed by 'obtaining IP address', and only if you're attempting to connect to a secured wifi network. try turning off WEP or WPA security and leave it open and reconnect.

4. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Android Expert

Authentication errors are usually due to entering an incorrect password. Double-check that you are entering it perfectly including capitals, etc.