1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support "Authentication Failed" error message

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mygenericemail, Jan 1, 2014.

1. mygenericemail

None

Oct 17, 2013
    Hello:

For the past two weeks, I my LG Optimus F3 has been giving me a "Authentication Failed" error message on my email accounts. I have reset my emails, deleted them and reinstalled them, gone through the settings to make sure everything is still the way it has always been set (nothing has changed, the Wifi is turned off (I dont use it), and I even had a techy friend look at it and he said he cant find any reason that its doing this.

I get 5 or 6 of these errors a day. Nothing I do seems to stop these error messages from showing up.

Anybody else have this problem? Anybody know how to fix it?

Thanks

Advertisement

2. loonycgb2

loonycgb2 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 4, 2013
    Male
    CNC Machinist
    Houston, TX
    This usually happens when going from 4g to 3g or losing connection all together.

During email sync if the connection is slow or not there at all then your login will fail as thats what email sync does. It logs in every time it check for new emails.

Now if you got fast wifi internet and yoir home alk day and still get this error you might want to consider doing a os reinstall by following one of the unbrick guides.

3. mygenericemail

None

Oct 17, 2013
    Well, I have had this phone for over a year now, and this is the first time it has done this.

The company told me to reset the phone, so I did. But I am still getting those error messages.

Is there a way to get rid of them, or is there nothing that can be done?

Thanks