1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support authentication problem when logging onto wifi router

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pmn, Jan 11, 2014.

1. pmn

pmn Lurker
    None

Jan 11, 2014
    Hi i have just bought the moto g and can not seem to get the phone to connect to my home wifi, it is identifying the router, and i am putting in the password but then it goes to the phrase 'saved, secured with WPA' but then with 5 to 10 second the phase 'authentication problem' is displayed.

my router is the netgear wireless g router WGR614VP.

if any one could guide me to over come the issue it would be very much appreciated as i could not find the answer doing a search on here.

Advertisement

2. nx1977

nx1977 Android Expert
    None

Feb 8, 2010
    UK
    Type all letters in caps.

Some routers are funny like that.

3. akinom

akinom Lurker
    None

Jan 27, 2014
    Having spent two fruitless days searching in forums, going back to the shop, contacting service provider, etc. yours was the blindingly simple answer: type SSID passwords in CAPITALS, as it appears on the router sticker. Bingo, it worked within 10 seconds.
    Thanks a lot!

Motorola Moto G (1st Gen)

The first generation Moto G was the released in November of 2013. The phone was the first in Motorola's new mid-range line that targeted the sweet spot between specs and pricing. It originally built for emerging markets, but also saw success as a low-priced Android phone option in other parts of the world. The Moto G 1st Gen features Features 4.5-inch LCD display, Snapdragon 400 processor, 16GB storage, 1GB RAM. 5MP rear/1.3MP front facing cameras, and a removable 2,070 mAh battery.