1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Authenticators on GB

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by banzai75x, May 19, 2011.

1. banzai75x

banzai75x Newbie

I just got to .595. I was wondering what all these "authenticator" apps are. For example, LastFM Authenticator. LinkedIn Authenticator, etc.

Were these there before? I never noticed them (perhaps because I went to Apex right away.)

Is it safe to freeze/remove these apps?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Flying_Hellfish

Flying_Hellfish Android Enthusiast

I believe they are the login authenticators for the "social networking" application.

3. cougar214

cougar214 Android Expert

You can freeze them. You won't be able to use your social networking apps, i:e facebook, but if you don't use any of the social networking it won't hurt anything. DO NOT UNINSTALL THEM! Should you decide to flash your phone with a different rom you will have to SBF back to stock first.

4. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

I use the "multi-select" function in Root Explorer to bulk move them to a directory on my SD card. That way I can easily move them back if I want to.

Check the sticky at the top of the forum, there are a few you shouldn't remove.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews