1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Auto-Answer & Hold? (Making people wait... politely)

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by redravenxo, Apr 21, 2011.

1. redravenxo

redravenxo Member
    None

Apr 21, 2011
    Wondering if there is some type of app that will answer & automatically put the caller on hold for a second, but I'm having no luck searching for one as I'm not sure what you'd call it. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction or tell me it's impossible. Hehe.

Say I've got an important call coming in that I really want to answer. I don't want to send it to voicemail or call back. I'd like the person calling to know that I'm there & planning to answer, just needing an extra moment for some reason, but I can't actually answer and say so. (For example - I'm just finishing checking out at the grocery store & I think it's rude to interrupt the person I'm dealing with so I can say "Hold on" to the person calling me. I just need 15 seconds to finish paying & then I'm able to answer the phone. That sort of situation - where I just need a little longer than usual to get to the call).

My voicemail doesn't seem to have an option to choose how many rings it allows before picking up, so just creating a longer delay before voicemail kicks in doesn't seem to be a possibility.

What I'm looking for would be sort of a cross between an excuse message & a ringback. Kind of like you'd get when calling an office with an automated answering system. Basically, something that would allow me to hit a single button to answer & play a message saying "Hi, I'm here & I'm going to answer in just a second, so please wait... or if you don't want to wait, press 1 to go to voicemail." (*insert music* if we're getting really fancy with it). Does anything along those lines exist? I have seen apps that kinda do half of what I need & I've found ones that will do it for text, but haven't seen one that is quite what I'm describing here.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Advertisement

2. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?
    None

Nov 29, 2009
    Android App Developer
    NY
    Holy crap there used to be a service like this and I cant for the life of me remember the name.

Edit: nevermind i realized I was thinking of something else, it was a service that let you call support phone numbers and redialed until you got someone and it would put them on hold until you were ready. Still can't think of the name though. Doh