1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Auto-brightness feature gone?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tirwit, Jul 1, 2013.

1. tirwit

tirwit Lurker

Hi

I was looking for a auto brightness app, and I came across Velis Auto Brightness. In it's description it says that Android has a autobrightness feature under "Settings / Display / Brightness", however the only thing I have under this path is a bar to adjust the brightness.

Has this feature been removed from the OS?

Regards

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. LilBit

LilBit Extreme Android User

No, it should be there, however it's not recommended. Makes the screen flicker on some devices.:)

3. tirwit

tirwit Lurker

How can I debug this? Is there any official Android forum to report the bug, or should I contact the manufacturer (Samsung)?

4. Tattycakes

Tattycakes Well-Known Member

Which handset are you using? Auto brightness works perfectly on mine and I've not seen any flickering.

5. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Maybe you have a phone with no ambient light sensor? What phone do you have? Some phones are not capable of autobrightness because of that hardware limitation. The phone needs a light sensor to detect the ambient light to know what brightness to automatically set. If you have no light sensor, no app can help you. Its like asking a TV to show you TV shows but you have no antenna or cable.

6. tirwit

tirwit Lurker

Galaxy Gio (GT-S5660). I Just found out that it doesn't have that light sensor. :-(

Thanks mate!

7. LilBit

LilBit Extreme Android User

Moving this here tirwit, so you can have access to all the other info we have for your phone.:)

Samsung Galaxy Gio Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Gio release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 3MP camera, 278GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1350mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews