• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Auto brightness seems screwy

doogald

Extreme Android User
Jan 7, 2010
I always use auto brightness on my phone rather than messing with brightness controls manually. One thing I've noticed with the Maxx, though, is that the brightness tends to change frequently while just sitting in the same environment. So, I'll be sitting indoors somewhere, notice the screen brighten significantly, then dim a few seconds later, often dimmer than it was before it suddenly brightened.

Is this just me or is this something others are noticing?

I'm seeing the same thing. I suspect that they may have adjusted the settings on this particular phone to help get the promised 48-hour battery life... or maybe there's just an issue; hopefully software, not sensor. I don't see any way to adjust the settings -- just off or on. It is a little annoying... I find myself changing it when I need to spend some extended time looking at the screen. Yay for the power control widget.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones