• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Auto-brightness vs low brightness?

D

Deleted User

I generally use auto-brightness because I figured it would be easier on battery because the screen is no brighter than it needs to be.

But I have now been wondering if the sensor itself, constantly checking brightness levels, ends up using just as much battery?
I do also have a slight issue where under certain lighting, the sensor seems to struggle to gauge brightness and keeps lightening and darkening.

So if I used the power widget and put the brightness on it's lowest setting (which at this moment in time is slightly brighter than it is being set by auto-brightness) would that use any more or any less than auto?

Yea I found I can do with the brightness a fair bit lower than the power widget sets it.
Hmm, anyone know of an app that can put a brightness control slider into the notification pull-down?

I would be very surprised of there wasnt a root option for it like so
d1620a89-9ecd-911c.jpg

My pull down menu on my EVO 4G lte

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones