1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Auto Brightness?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jooset, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Jooset

Jooset Lurker

So I thought auto brightness would crank the brightness up in the daylight and dim it in dark environment automatically? I have auto brightness 'checked' and still have the ability to move the slider bar. That tells me that the autobrightness range is adjustable - maybe I'm wrong. Anyway, to see in bright daylight - I like the display when the slider is at 100%. however, with the slider at 100% and autobrightness selected...I'm still blinded at night and have to turn down the slider. Effectively I have no autobrightness function...I still have to manually adjust up and down depending on my environment. Not sue how the camera senses the brightness of the environment...maybe my screen protector or ballistic case is covering up some sensor? I'm I missing something obvious?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DroidSloth

DroidSloth Newbie

A few reviews mentioned this, Auto Brightness is virtually non existent in this phone. I've seen just a couple times where brightness seemed to change slightly when I opened a door from a dark room to a bright room, but it was a minimal change. My guess for the slider still available is to change the max brightness, which would be great if the algorithm didn't totally suck.

3. GadgetGeek

GadgetGeek Newbie

Try moving the slider to 99% with auto brightness checked... seemed to work when I covered the sensor on the store demo unit.

4. Auto brightness does work but its spoil slow and gradual, if u cover the sensor you will see it change ever so slowly lol but other than that phone is awes one, i just leave my phone at 30% brightness and Fuk auto

5. DroidSloth

DroidSloth Newbie

it just doesn't get anywhere near as dim as it should in a pitch black room. hopefully once we've got good custom roms like CM we can manage the auto brightness interval steps ourselves.

6. Jastow

Jastow Newbie

I'm with ya; the auto-brightness feature on my Nok 920 works better and does what you are expecting the LG to do. I set the G2 at 46% to conserve battery and can still see during the day just fine. Maybe they will release an upgrade to make this feature work a bit better.

7. CGdroid

CGdroid Newbie

You can try lux app from app stOre and it probably can solve your problem.

8. Adauth

Adauth Android Expert

+1
    Lux auto brightness app is great.

LG G2 Forum

The LG G2 release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.2" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 800 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews