• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Auto connect to bluetooth device

V

Valiceemo

Is this possible?
I'd like to have my phone connect to the bluetooth in my car but it doesn't. I have to manually connect every time I get in the car.
Even with BT turned on it won't.connect until I click the device in the list.
Thanks

maybe an NFC tag in the car could solve the problem........ would work similar to a speaker I have.... has an NFC tag on it...... when I touch the phone to the speaker it turns on the speaker.... turns on bluetooth on the phone.... pairs the devices.... turns on the music player and starts playing music

you could easily program a tag to pair the phone to the car

Upvote 0
its not for the car headunit, its for a bluetooth audio streaming. (plugs into aux on headunit)

the documentation with the BT device states only 1 pairing needed!?
Ill have a play, but i think its from the phone side, ill maybe try with BT headset, see how that behaves.

FYI im on stock ROM, unrooted, carrier is EE in the UK.

Upvote 0
I connect my G2 to my car's stock stereo. It is really hit and miss if it auto connects or not. My previous phone (1st gen Droid Razr) NEVER had a problem auto connecting. I think it is something in the G2. I posted on another thread about having trouble with voice dialing while I was connected to the same stereo via bluetooth. Again the Razr worked PERFECTLY but the G2 will NOT recognize a spoken name. I'm not sure what is up with the G2 bluetooth but I think it is lacking.

Upvote 0
I had this problem a couple weeks ago. I found out that there was a limit of 5 BT devices that could connect to my stereo, with 4 of the 5 being able to auto-connect. The 5th wouldn't auto-connect so that I always had a space open to connect whatever I wanted at the time. When the car turned off, it deleted the BT settings of it. I had to go into the settings of the stereo and delete my 4 previous devices (all phones that I used prior to my G2). Hopefully this helps.

Upvote 0
The worst part is that I have searched through just about every Android forum on the internet and I just cannot find a solution to this bluetooth problem. Yesterday I tried to connect to my (bought summer of last year) home stereo system. I could not connect to that at all. Another device in the house successfully connected to it and my old phone connected no problem. I think I must have angered the bluetooth gods...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones