1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Auto Correction for Physical Keyboard

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nnklem, Nov 12, 2009.

1. nnklem

nnklem Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Hello all,

I apologize if this has already been asked. I tried searching and did not find anything. Is there an app that allows for the built-in auto-correction feature of the soft KB to be used on the physical keyboard?

Is this even a possibility?

Thanks.

Big Nate

Advertisement

2. DaveK

DaveK New Member

Nov 10, 2009
    From what I've heard, there's no way to activate auto-correction while using the physical keyboard, which is why I don't use that keyboard at all. This was a pretty big oversight, and has been mentioned in some reviews.

I'm not sure if this could be addressed with a software patch, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Dave

3. Dabrador

Dabrador Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Playing devil's advocate...

When you type on a PC with a keyboard, there is no auto-complete/correction is there?

4. DaveK

DaveK New Member

Nov 10, 2009
    No, but a PC keyboard is not 1" X 4".

5. Dabrador

Dabrador Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Good point. As I use the physical keyboard more, I've found that I'm getting faster by just completing the words with the keyboard.

6. Snowman

Snowman Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    I just got my Droid yesterday and since so many people were complaining about the keyboard I came in thinking it was crap, but I actually like it. I can text decently fast but I'm not to the point where I can text without looking at the keyboard.

7. russmd

russmd Member

Nov 13, 2009
    If it's not supposed to autocorrect, then why is there a setting for Autoreplace-correct mistyped words- in the physical keyboard menu settings? Mine does not autocorrect anything. It has to be a glitch.

8. rawness

rawness Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2009
    It does less autocorrecting than the virtual but it should at least be changing 'i' to I and 'im' to I'm, I've seen it correct some spelling before to but I can't (another correction) seem to remember those words.

9. Roroco

Roroco Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    I don't mind the physical keyboard not having auto-complete, but the lack of a spell check in the email app is a bit of an oversight.

10. JackT

JackT Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Chicago, IL