• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Auto-focus

raevin

Sep 5, 2012
Not sure what to classify/prefix this as.

I've found out that my device doesn't support auto-focus, but I'm kind of confused as to why or if this is just misinformation given to me.

I installed ZXing Scanner to scan barcodes and it wouldn't pick 'em up (but it had no issues w/ QR codes). So I installed another scanning app (Scan by Scan, Inc.) and it says that auto-focus is disabled for my device so it can't scan 1D barcodes [aka: regular barcodes]).

Anyone have any info on if it's possible to enable auto-focus or something?

That's one thing I noticed as well is that the camera sucks. I have been able to scan barcodes with the redlaser app but it's hit and miss at bet.

I'll try that. I don't even care much about the camera to be honest (I didn't buy it for the camera), but I like being able to eliminate the 1-5 minutes it takes to type in products names in Google to search, lol.

Upvote 0
I should be recieving my Rise Tuesday, it's Saturday now. 'Will be my first smart phone. 'Have been building desktop PCs for over decade.

So, I've been reading a lot of reviews/previews for this phone. One review, page 6 or 7 I believe... Review: Kyocera Rise for Sprint : Camera (Phone Scoop) quotes... "The Rise doesn't have autofocus nor touch-to-focus, so it takes pictures fairly fast."

This phone seems almost too good to be true, for me. My main reason for getting it (well, besides replacing my gameboyadvance) is, to replace my dialup internet connection for my home PC. 'Have been using a dumb-phone on Virgin Mobile's net for about 6-7 yrs...they seem like at least a decent company to work with...albeit no 4G where I live.

So, the day I recieve delivery, and have the battery charged up...I'm gonna walk 4-5 blocks to near my downtown, and a free hotspot area. Then, I'll be looking into paying the $35/mo for the...uhm...unlimited data plan...then, the extra $15/mo for the ability to connect my home PC to this phone's connection.

A report on that later into the/an appropriate thread.

'Nice to see others interest in this phone. Have a great day.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones