1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Auto GPRS data switch?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by shineofleo, Nov 25, 2011.

1. shineofleo

shineofleo Lurker
    None

Nov 23, 2011
    So there is some software to switch the GPRS on and off, manually.

However, for example when I get an MMS, it would surely failed because GPRS is off. I can to switch the DATA on, and download the MMS again. (Actually I don't know how to download the MMS manually if it has already been in auto download mode)

Anyway, is there any software or setting to enable auto data switch on and off? just receive incoming MMS! after that, DATA GPRS should be off.

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Android Expert
    None

Sep 29, 2011
    Male
    Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur
    2G is enough for MMS to come in. I know Widgetsoid which I am using have a toggle for 2G/3G but I don't use it. I only use the data toggle so its either on Data or off Data.

Although I don't think it is automatic since not sure how the phone would be able to tell when MMS or email is coming in and to switch on the data toggle for you. You still have to toggle it manually.

3. shineofleo

shineofleo Lurker
    None

Nov 23, 2011
    So this really pissed me off.

When my phone battery is as low as around 50%, I can not make the phone call, SMS or any data communication, although I have checked and the power save is not on.

The signal icon is on, but simply can not do the GPRS job. and sometimes, the signal icon can disappear and a network unavailable icon pops out.

So if now I switch the phone off and on again, the battery is only 5% left!!!

And NOW, all the data operation is back to normal.

I really don't know why. Because if I try to reboot the phone at battery 80%, it will not drain up the juice.

I am totally confused. Anyone has a similar issue?