• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

auto-hide dock?

Thanks for the suggestion Szadzik. The overlay of the desktop/dock is nice over whatever program you are in.

Im looking to have the dock hidden untill I "mouse" over it. I like having the most desktop real estate I can with the least bit of clutter. I have preference towards LauncherPro but I would quickly move to another dock/launcher if it is slick enough. Ill have to look around and try some out.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the suggestion Szadzik. The overlay of the desktop/dock is nice over whatever program you are in.

Im looking to have the dock hidden untill I "mouse" over it. I like having the most desktop real estate I can with the least bit of clutter. I have preference towards LauncherPro but I would quickly move to another dock/launcher if it is slick enough. Ill have to look around and try some out.

Have you tried hiding the notification bar in Launcher Pro? You can set a shortcut/ swipe gesture on the dock to do it quickly.

Upvote 0
Im not looking to use that empty space or put more icons there. I currently use launcher pro.

I just want the dock to be hidden until I make a gesture or "mouse" over it. Then it will pop up and return to its normal location. Much like how you can have it in windows (taskbar).

Im not looking for extra functionality. Just something to display more of the background.

Thanks for the suggestions thus far.

Upvote 0
Im not looking to use that empty space or put more icons there. I currently use launcher pro.

I just want the dock to be hidden until I make a gesture or "mouse" over it. Then it will pop up and return to its normal location. Much like how you can have it in windows (taskbar).

Im not looking for extra functionality. Just something to display more of the background.

Thanks for the suggestions thus far.

What you do if you want to hide the dock is go to the preferences for Launcher Pro and create an extra dock, 2 if you only use the main dock, or three if you want to use two. On the second (or in my case, third dock) you set the dock shortcuts to blank. So, when you swipe the dock to the left or right, it lands on a blank dock, instantly confusing anyone who wants to use your phone but is unauthorized. I also put the swipe gestures to use where I can hide the status bar from the blank shortcuts on my extra dock, so I don't have a dock or status bar if I don't want to.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones