1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Auto hyphenation of numbers

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Borg, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Borg

Borg Member

Jan 7, 2010
    My Eris doesn't auto hyphenate phone numbers, I get 0123456789 versus 012-345-6789. This is when I dial and when a call comes in. Is this normal, or is something wrong with my Eris?

Thanks,
    Borg

Advertisement

2. DDustiNN

DDustiNN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2009
    I noticed this too and I don't like it... makes it much more difficult to easily recognize numbers. My last phone used the hypens (not even a smartphone), so I really don't know why the Eris doesn't...

3. Matlock

Matlock Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Co-Manager of SONIC Drive-In
    Texas!
    The Droid Eris doesn’t have auto equipped with a way to auto-hyphenate our numbers. However there is an app I use called Contacts Clean-Up (Free - Peter Baldwin) that turns 4095555555 into +1-409-555-5555. I am OCD about everything and I like all my numbers the exact same.

I recommend making a backup of your numbers before using the app. There is never a guarantee all apps work perfectly every time. It worked fine no problem for me. I use it after I get a few new numbered added to my contacts.

Also, it allows you to check the numbers it changed before you confirm the permanent change. Which I like. And as far as the numbers showing odd when you get and receave a call. For the numbers listed in the phone, it goes by how they are saved. The outside numbers it just bunched them up.

Hope this helps.