• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Auto Network

dunjamon

Android Enthusiast
Dec 20, 2009
I've been playing around with some of the network settings on the Galaxy S and there is an Auto Network Mode. Does anyone know if this uses more battery than manually switching? I'm used to switching to 3G when I need to and then back again. I rarely use 3G, so would the auto mode switch over when i need it to?

Thanks.

Auto (GSM/WCDMA) is the default and will allow the device to switch to 3G if available for data connections. Leaving the device on 2G only and activating 3G only when you need it will be more economical but less convenient. Much depends on the 3G signal - a good signal requires less juice to maintain than a weak one and will switch less often. Best advice is try it out for a day and see how it compares.

Reactions: dunjamon
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones