1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Auto-punctuate, auto-caps and the Desire Z

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sizequeen, Jun 7, 2011.

1. sizequeen

sizequeen Lurker
    None

Jun 7, 2011
    Hi all. I am new to HTC phones, and I decided to give this one a go since it seems to (hinge issue aside) get rave reviews. Coming from an LG Shine Plus, I am fairly handy with Android and typically not too bad with smartphones in general, since I have owned a few.

My previously mentioned phone has a a few amazing features. Auto-punctuate and auto-capitalize are 2 options that are absolutely must-haves for me. They are efficient and make using a phone for any sort of typing a breeze, and if I am honest, it makes it fairly enjoyable!

I do not see these options on the Desire Z. I looked under language & keyboard, where it is found on other phones. The only way I can use this function is if I activate predictive text. I loathe predictive text. I cannot stand it. I hate it's function in so many ways. Does anyone know a way to use auto-punctuate and auto-caps without using predictive text? Possibly, even if I must, use an app.

I find it hard to believe HTC would neuter this feature, considering it is a staple of smartphones and their functionality. Let's be honest..a smartphone isn't that smart if it can't even auto-capitalize or auto-punctuate.

Advertisement

2. twinks

twinks Lurker
    None

Jan 5, 2011
    It's pretty strange that it doesn't work on your phone - it works on mine, both using the physical and on-screen keyboard. This may sound stupid but have you tried just typing to see if it works?

I got the DZ the day it came out and mine's had auto-capitalize and auto-punctuate since I got it. I'm pretty sure that I haven't touched the settings and I don't use predictive text either.

Tags: