• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
That's a very generic problem, so hard to diagnose. It could be hardware or software, and if it's hardware there won't be anything you can do about it apart from repair/replace.

If it's rebooting both when in use and when in standby then it's unlikely to be overheating, unless it is doing some heavy downloading when in "standby".

Have you modified the phone or its software in any way? Has it ever got wet? Have there been any other problems (e.g. with the battery)? Did anything happen shortly before this problem started (e.g. a system update)? These are the sorts of things that might give a clue as to the cause. Is the frequency at which this happens getting worse?

One generic thing you can always do with any oddity is go into recovery mode and wipe the cache (just the cache, nothing else). I think it unlikely to help here, but it is safe and only takes a minute, so nothing much to lose.

If there is a user-installed app behind it then try booting into safe mode (which disables all user-installed apps). If it stops happening then you know it's one of your apps, the question is which. Of course if this only happens every couple of days it will take a long time before you can be sure.

There are nuclear options for software (factory reset, or even reflashing the phone's system software), but as these are inconvenient (you need to back up and restore all of your data) and we don't know that it's a software problem (so they might not help at all) I wouldn't try these at the moment.

I would however back up any important data you have right now. In the worst case this could be an early sign of a serious hardware problem, in which case you want to back up anything important now as a precaution.

Upvote 0
thanks for answer.Once my grandpa walked on it and I saw it.But I dont know if it has been before that or not(this is my mother's!).
I updated it's system once too.
I should say that:it sometimes rarely happends,for example every 2-3 weeks one day{but it starts restarting badly then!}then I have to turn it off.
is factoey reset needed?:thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones