• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Auto-root and now no service HELP!

mjoens832

Lurker
May 7, 2010
I have a brand new HTC Hero and I tried to auto-root it so I could remove all the bloatware that came with my phone. The auto-root worked just fine and patched 1.2.3 with no problems. However, when I boot into Android, I get a million FCs and no service.

Could anyone help me go on from here? Can I get the original RA back so my phone will work again?

Please help!

I have a brand new HTC Hero and I tried to auto-root it so I could remove all the bloatware that came with my phone. The auto-root worked just fine and patched 1.2.3 with no problems. However, when I boot into Android, I get a million FCs and no service.

Could anyone help me go on from here? Can I get the original RA back so my phone will work again?

Please help!
Are you sure the auto root worked just fine? Did you create a nandroid backup? If so, then you are rooted and you can restore the nandroid backup file from the RA screen. If you can turn your phone off, then do that. Next, press and hold the "Home" button while you press the power button. This will take you to the RA screen. Go from there.

I have a feeling that you will need to delete the 1.2.3 image file and paste the 1.6.2 image file onto your SD card instead. The 1.5.2 file was screwing me up when I rooted, and replacing it with the 1.6.2 file did the trick.

Upvote 0
just placing the file on the CD card doesn't do a thing. it would have to be flashed before it works. If the OP was using Fresh Kitchen to root, then going back and NOT telling it that it's a with google phone will upgrade to the current RA. as far as the force closes, did you try flashing a custom ROM? if so, which one? and did you wipe before flashing the ROM?

Upvote 0
just placing the file on the CD card doesn't do a thing. it would have to be flashed before it works. If the OP was using Fresh Kitchen to root, then going back and NOT telling it that it's a with google phone will upgrade to the current RA. as far as the force closes, did you try flashing a custom ROM? if so, which one? and did you wipe before flashing the ROM?

How do I put it on the "CD Card" ? :eek:

C20078612834923657_Business_CD_Card_Blank_CD_Card_Hockey_Rink_Oval_CD_Card.jpg

lol...j/k mystic :)

...good advice :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones